In a couple hours, you may see the British pound and stock exchanges massively fall. Here's why that's good:
1. For the last several years, investors have been strategically investing in crony capitalists. They have been investing in whichever companies had most political influence to get special favors from EU regulators.
2. With Britain out of the EU, that no longer makes sense. Special favors from EU regulators don't matter as much now in Britain.
3. Investors' first step is to pull money out of stock in those crony capitalist companies. Those corrupt companies just aren't as valuable any more. When investors leave crony capitalists companies, stock prices will obviously fall, and the demand for the pound sterling will also fall.
4. Their next step is to find innovative, productive companies to invest in. It will take several weeks or months to figure out who those companies are. Few investors have been looking, since it didn't matter. In the EU, innovation doesn't matter as much as political influence. But in Britain, innovation will be king.
5. Once investors figure out which new, innovative companies to invest in, demand for British stock and currency will increase again.
As long as Britain can stay competitive by lowering taxes and regulation, its economy will grow. They've thrown off the yoke of the EU. If they can throw off the yoke of their own socialism, they will succeed.
Libertarian National Committee